I’ve seen a *lot* of hits on my post “Visual Studio 2008 Is Pretty Damn Slow…“, which means that a lot of you are probably still experiencing speed issues with Visual Studio 2008. In regard to this, I thought it might be prudent to post information about the recently released Service Pack 1 for VS2008 and where to find it:
Visual Studio 2008 SP1 and .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 significantly improve the developer experience during the development process, and at runtime. These improvements address top issues reported by customers. For more information, see Visual Studio 2008 SP1 and .NET Framework 3.5 SP1.
Additionally, the original hotfix which was intended to fix the speed issue (and is probably integrated into VS2008SP1) is available here:
- Downloadable Hotfix: Performance and Editor fixes for Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 and Visual Web Developer Express 2008
Here are all my posts related to this Visual Studio 2008:
- Visual Studio 2008 Is Pretty Damn Slow…
- …but its programmers are on the ball.
- Performance and Editor fixes for VS2008…
- Visual Studio 2008 Hotfix Is Excellent!
- Multi-Targeting VS2005 and VS2008 Web Application Projects, a Gotcha!
- Linkback: “Visual Studio 2008 C# IDE is Slow … Really slow.”
- Getting started with VisualSVN « Mike In Madison
- Google: Top Billing