“… We understand you may not agree with this decision, but we hope you’ll come to love these alternatives as much as you loved Reader.”
(In other words, we know that you loved Reader and didn’t want to see it go, but, we killed it, so deal with it. 😉
At least they linked to the AlternativeTo.net page for Google Reader alternatives. 😉
Cool list from Lifehacker about how to lock down your data:
- Wipe that iPhone (or BlackBerry) before trading in.
- Use virtual credit cards for iffy online buys.
- Hide data inside files with steganography.
- Plan for the worst.
- Get smarter on security questions.
- Boost your browsing and downloading privacy.
- Theft-proof your laptop (and its files).
- Secure your wireless network.
- Encrypt your data whole or piecemeal.
- Use KeePass. Love KeePass. Be secure.
Read the details here: Lifehacker Top 10: Top 10 Ways to Lock Down Your Data.