If you’re like me, you’re probably quite annoyed with the system beep in Ubuntu. Luckily, there’s an easy fix:
To disable it temporarily:
- In Terminal (or the console), enter: “sudo rmmod pcspkr”
- You should not hear the system beep until your next system reboot.
To disable it permanently:
- In Terminal (or the console), enter: “sudo nano /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist”
- At the end of the file, enter a new line “blacklist pcspkr”
- Type Ctrl+O (to save the file), then Ctrl+X (to exit nano)
- After your next system reboot, you should no longer here the system beep.
Thanks to Turning Off The System (hardware) Beep : Linux Tutorial for the info!